Ofsted and Exam Results
The 2019 GCSE results ensured Impington is once again one of the strongest performing Colleges in the region. This year’s Progress8 score has been confirmed as +0.67, which means that for the last four years students at IVC have achieved, on average, almost half a grade above national expectations in every one of their subjects. IVC has also achieved national awards for both progress and attainment for the last three years from SSAT, placing the College as one of the consistently top performing non-selective schools in the country.
Some other key headlines from 2019 were:
- For the second year running, 15% of all grades achieved were at Grade 9
- 14% of all students achieved 8 or more Grade 8/9 GCSEs
- 42% of all grades were at 7 or above, with 30% of students achieving at least Grade 7s in both English and Maths
- 81% of students achieved at least a Grade 4 in both English and Maths
- All students, including those following Entry Level courses alongside their GCSEs, achieved at least 2 GCSE qualifications, including English
- Some individual subject successes include:
- Over 40% of all grades in Separate Sciences were Grade 9
- 87% of students achieved a 4+ in English
- 80% of students achieved a 4+ in Maths
- In Languages, 25% of all grades were at 7+ in German, 47% at 7+ in Spanish, 54% at 7+ in French and 100% at 7+ in Latin
- In the Arts, 80% of students achieved a 4+, with 40% achieving at least a grade 7
At IVC we are proud of the achievements of all our students, regardless of their starting points. Our community is fully inclusive, and our outcomes include those students who followed Entry Level courses alongside one or two GCSEs. All our students achieved at least one GCSE pass, and our SEND students made almost a whole grade more progress in every subject, on average, than similar students nationally.
Download the Impington Village College Inspection report below
Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th November Inspection
We are being inspected under the new inspection framework later this week. You can find a copy of the letter to parents from Ofsted linked below as well as an inspection guide for parents explaining the process.
To see how IVC performs on the Department of Education Tables - click here
Ofsted use the Parent View website to collect feedback from parents on the performance of their child's school and use this information as part of the inspection preparation process. To leave your feedback please click on the link below.