Admissions September 2020
Thank you for choosing to apply to Impington International College. Please check you are familiar with our entrance criteria before you apply.
If you live in the Cambridge area, you can complete either the IBDP or the IBCP application form on this website to apply early but you must also apply through your school using MyChoice@16.
If you are from outside of the UK please complete the overseas application form. The final deadline for your application is the end of June 2020. If you are applying for a host family you must get your application in as early as possible – admissions open for September 2020 on October 17 2019.
In addition to the application form you need to include:
- Most recent academic reports (these must be translated into English by a verified translator)
- Personal statement explaining your interests, academic strength and weaknesses, why you want to study at Impington, what you want to do after school etc
- Reference from a recent previous teacher, signed by the Principal of your previous school
Overseas applicants only:
- Sadly, we can only accept applications from students who are nationals from countries within the EU or EEA OR who have been resident within EU for more than 3 years and have appropriate visas or leave to remain with access to public funds
- Please note we cannot accept applications from students over 19 years old on or before the 31st August in the year they wish to begin studying with us OR who turn 19 within the first 6 weeks of term.
- Please note that students not completing the course of study they register for may incur financial charges at the discretion of the Assistant Principal: Post 16.
Entrance criteria summary*
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
We require at least seven GCSEs with an average of Grade 5, including English Language and Maths. For subjects you wish to take at higher level you will need at least a grade 6.
International Baccalaureate Career Programme
We require at least five subjects at GCSE grade 4 or higher, ideally including Mathematics and English and preferably with a grade 5 in your area of specialism. Strong interest in the vocational BTEC subject will need to be in evidence at the guidance meeting.
The Performance School
We require at least five subjects at GCSE grade 4 or higher, including Mathematics and English. Admission to The Performance School may also be by audition.
Sports Scholarship Programmes
We require at least five subjects at GCSE grade 4 or higher, ideally including Mathematics and English.
*International students must hold equivalent grades