Admissions September 2019
Thank you for choosing to apply to Impington International Sixth Form. Please check you are familiar with our entrance criteria before you apply.
If you are in the Cambridge Area Partnership, please apply through your school using UCAS progress. The deadline for your application is: 10th January 2019.
If you are from the UK, but not within the Cambridge area, or from outside of the UK please complete the application form in this section and email it to email@example.com. The deadline for your application is the end of July 2019, although late applications may be accepted after this date. If you are applying for a host family you must get your application in as early as possible – admissions open for September 2019 in October 2018.
Application form and blocking information available at the bottom of this page.
In addition to the application form you need to include:
- Most recent academic reports (these must be translated into English by a verified translator)
- Personal statement explaining your interests, academic strength and weaknesses, why you want to study at Impington, what you want to do after school etc
- Reference from a recent previous teacher, signed by the Principal of your previous school
Overseas applicants only:
- Sadly, we can only accept applications from students who are nationals from countries within the EU or EEA OR who have been resident within EU for more than 3 years and have appropriate visas or leave to remain
- Please note we cannot accept applications from students over 19 years old on or before the 31st August in the year they wish to begin studying with us OR who turn 19 within the first 6 weeks of term.
- Please note that students not completing the course of study they register for may incur financial charges at the discretion of the Assistant Principal: Post 16.
Please choose your subjects carefully following the information on the subject blocking timetable.
Entrance criteria summary*
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
We require at least seven GCSEs with an average of Grade 5, including English Language and Maths. For subjects you wish to take at higher level you will need at least a grade 6.
International Baccalaureate Career Programme
We require at least five subjects at GCSE grade 4 or higher, ideally including Mathematics and English and preferably with a grade 5 in your area of specialism. Strong interest in the vocational BTEC subject will need to be in evidence at the guidance meeting.
The Performance School
We require at least five subjects at GCSE grade 4 or higher, including Mathematics and English. Admission to The Performance School may also be by audition.
Sports Scholarship Programmes
We require at least five subjects at GCSE grade 4 or higher, ideally including Mathematics and English.
*International students must hold equivalent grades