Skip to content ↓

Impington Village College

IVC International Baccalaureate Assessment Visit

IVC receives glowing praise for their IB programmes

Dear Parents/Governors/Trust and Staff,

You may be aware that we recently had an International Baccalaureate Evaluation visit from the 3 to 5 April 2019. This visit was to evaluate Impington Village and International College’s provision of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) and the International Baccalaureate Careers Programme (IBCP).

The feedback received was very positive as can be seen from some of the statements below from the evaluation team:

  • The governing body and the leadership team show an understanding of, and passionate commitment to, IB philosophy and the Diploma Programme (DP) and Careers Programme (CP).
  • All at the college value international mindedness, live the attributes of the IB learner profile and sustain a pervasive atmosphere of understanding and respect.
  • Parents and teachers strongly affirm their commitment to the college’s decision (to phase out A levels) and recognise the positive impact that the IB programmes have on the students’ attitudes, learning and expectations
  • Teaching and learning embeds the attributes of the IB Learner Profile, as well as ATL skills, to support students in becoming actively responsible for their learning. Students and parents value the focused, detailed and constructive feedback that students receive in their assessment books, on an individual basis and at parent meetings.
  • Teaching and learning at the college embeds IB philosophy and engages students as inquirers and thinkers.
  • Teaching addresses a diversity of student language needs and fosters critical thinking and reflection. Assessment practices and feedback follow well-established and effective processes and are understood and appreciated by students and parents
  • There is outstanding provision and support for all students at the college provided by all teachers and is highly appreciated and valued by parents and students.
  • All members of the college community are justifiably proud of IVC’s achievements and value the atmosphere of open communication and respect. The college clearly fulfils its aim to provide education that is inspirational, inclusive and international.

The outcome of this visit based on the 78 principles and practices considered was: less than 10% (5) recommendations (small aspects of practice or procedure that could be enhanced to improve provision) with the remaining 90% receiving a commendation (areas of excellence compared to the 1000s of IB World Schools globally) or satisfactory (in line with rigorous expectations of the IB). We will now look to build the recommendations into our College Development plan with the aim of further enhancing our provision while ensuring we maintain the high standards we have already achieved.

We are extremely proud to be an IB World School and the outcome of this visit is validation and recognition of the progress made by both the Village College and the International College over the last 5 years. This excellent outcome would not have been possible without the hard work, dedication and effort from every member of staff, the positive engagement of the students and the support of parents, governors and the community.  It is through everyone’s commitment to the IB philosophy, to deliver a better world through education that we have been able and will continue to achieve these outstanding results.

Yours faithfully,

Ryan Kelsall

Principal