Our 25m deck level swimming pool provides a variety of activities and sessions for everyone. Please click our Membership Prices page for admission charges.
The pool depth ranges from 1m to 2.4m. The changing rooms have separate male and female group changing and communal changing area with individual and family cubicles. £1 returnable lockers are provided to keep your belongings safe. In addition we have accessible changing facilities and toilet with pool hoist to enable access in and out of the swimming pool.
In the interests of hygiene we strongly encourage showering before entering the pool and swimmers must follow our swimwear policy. Please see our full list of swimming sessions and guidelines below.
We offer a full range of Swimming Courses throughout the school term and during the school holidays for children and adults. Please see our Swimming Courses page for more information.
Session information and prices are below.
Swimming Sessions and Guidelines
Absolutely everyone welcome. This is an open water session where people may swim in varying directions.
Adult Lane Swimming
Enjoy a relaxing lunchtime swim. The pool is split into three lanes (fast, medium & slow). This session is for over 16’s only.
Early Morning Swim
A great way to start your day. Wake up with an early morning lane swim. The pool is split into three lanes (fast, medium & slow).
Exclusive use of the pool for a more sedate swim. This is an open water session.
Fast, medium or slow lanes. Whatever speed you are, there is a lane for you.
An instructor led water aerobics session. This session is for over 16’s only.
As the name implies. This session is for over 16’s only.
A swimming session for over 16’s only. This is an open water session.
Splashtastic fun with floats and rafts in the water. Great fun for all the family.
- The Swimming Pool operates on a session basis. Your admission fee entitles you to attend one session. If you wish to stay on for the following session you must pay an additional entrance fee.
- All swimmers must leave the pool at the end of the session when the whistle is blown
- Admission commences at the start of the session. No money will be taken or customers admitted prior to this time
- Admission charges are fixed and not negotiable with staff.
- All swimmers must shower before they enter the pool.
- For safety reasons no child under 8 years of age will be allowed into the pool unaccompanied by an adult. An adult may accompany a maximum of two under 8's into the pool
- No running on poolside
- Weak or non-swimmers must be fully supervised whilst out of their depth (within arm’s reach of the individual supervising)
- Diving face masks, Fins and Snorkels are not allowed in the pool.
- Approved Hand Paddles and Training Aids including Centre Snorkels can be used during lane sessions or with prior permission from the lifeguard.
- Please ensure forward entry in the pool at all times.
- No diving below 2 metres (including sitting dives)
- No food permitted on poolside. Sports drinks must be in secure sports cap bottles.
- No outdoor shoes are permitted on the poolside or in the shower area
- The use of Photography is strictly prohibited in the Changing Rooms, Swimming Pool and Pool Spectator area. This includes the use of mobile phones and digital imaging equipment.
- Impington Sports Centre is a no smoking building
- Admission is at the discretion of the staff.
- Cut-off jeans or soiled swim wear is not allowed in the pool. No wet suits can be used in the pool.
- For the health and safety of all bathers our team of professionally qualified lifeguards will give advice, please adhere to the advice offered. If you do not follow the instructions you may be asked to leave the pool and no refund will be given
- Sports bags cannot be stored on poolside
- Please note we do not allow customers to borrow items of lost property such as towels, costumes or goggles