Online Bookings only (from Friday 14th August - 12pm):
- If you already registered for online services, please login to our members area to book your session.
- If you have used the centre before and have a membership card, just register and link your membership to access online services.
- If you are completely new to the sports centre you must register as a new user to access online services.
All sessions must be pre-booked and paid for in advance. Please see our pool timetable below for further information.
What to expect:
- Arrive ready to swim.
- Once you have finished your swim, leave the venue as soon as you can.
- Shower at home. Arrive wearing your swimwear under your clothing and showering at home to minimise time spent in the changing room.
- The poolside showers will be available for a quick pre and post swimming to help maintain the water quality.
- Take any equipment/aids with you (floats, kick boards etc.) ensuring it is clean and identifiable as yours before you arrive.
- Swim sessions are 45mins long with 15min to vacate the changing area.
During your swim:
- Spend as little time as possible in the changing rooms and maintain safe levels of distance.
- You must follow the directional signs on poolside.
- People of different standards and abilities will use the pool. Please respect their right to enjoy their swim.
- Choose your lane using the fast, medium and slow signs and by watching those already swimming. Please do not overtake whilst swimming. Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching.
- Please follow the directional signs and move across to the appropriate side of the lane for each length.
- Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and another swimmer.
- If you change to a slower stroke as part of your session, think about moving lanes.
- Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after completing your swim, please be mindful that others using the lane will want to keep on swimming without stopping; so keep yourself to the edge of the lane allowing others to turn at the wall, turning head away and allowing others to maintain social distancing measures.
- Stay hydrated by bringing your own ‘pre-filled’ water bottle on to poolside during your swim.
- Please avoid swimming Backstroke if possible.
Our 25m deck level swimming pool provides a variety of activities and sessions for everyone. Please click our Membership Prices page for admission charges.
The pool depth ranges from 1m to 2.4m. The changing rooms have separate male and female group changing and communal changing area with individual and family cubicles. £1 returnable lockers are provided to keep your belongings safe. In addition we have accessible changing facilities and toilet with pool hoist to enable access in and out of the swimming pool.
In the interests of hygiene we strongly encourage showering before entering the pool and swimmers must follow our swimwear policy. Please see our full list of swimming sessions and guidelines below.
We offer a full range of Swimming Courses throughout the school term and during the school holidays for children and adults. Please see our Swimming Courses page for more information.
Session information and prices are below.
Swimming Sessions and Guidelines
Early Morning Swim
A great way to start your day. Wake up with an early morning lane swim. The pool is split into three lanes (fast, medium & slow). This session is for over 16’s only.
Enjoy a relaxing swim. The pool is split into three lanes (fast, medium & slow). This session is for over 12’s only.
Adult Lane Swimming
The pool is split into three lanes (fast, medium & slow). This session is for over 16’s only.
Exclusive use for families to enjoy. This will be an open session, but families must remain in their own bubble and adhere to social distancing.
Exclusive use of the pool for a more sedate swim. The pool is split into three lanes.
As the name implies. This session is for over 16’s only.
- The Swimming Pool operates on a session basis. Your admission fee entitles you to attend one session. If you wish to stay on for the following session you must pay an additional entrance fee.
- All swimmers must leave the pool at the end of the session when the whistle is blown
- Admission commences at the start of the session. No money will be taken or customers admitted prior to this time
- Admission charges are fixed and not negotiable with staff.
- All swimmers must shower before they enter the pool.
- For safety reasons no child under 8 years of age will be allowed into the pool unaccompanied by an adult. An adult may accompany a maximum of two under 8's into the pool
- No running on poolside
- Weak or non-swimmers must be fully supervised whilst out of their depth (within arm’s reach of the individual supervising)
- Diving face masks, Fins and Snorkels are not allowed in the pool.
- Approved Hand Paddles and Training Aids including Centre Snorkels can be used during lane sessions or with prior permission from the lifeguard.
- Please ensure forward entry in the pool at all times.
- No diving below 2 metres (including sitting dives)
- No food permitted on poolside. Sports drinks must be in secure sports cap bottles.
- No outdoor shoes are permitted on the poolside or in the shower area
- The use of Photography is strictly prohibited in the Changing Rooms, Swimming Pool and Pool Spectator area. This includes the use of mobile phones and digital imaging equipment.
- Impington Sports Centre is a no smoking building
- Admission is at the discretion of the staff.
- Cut-off jeans or soiled swim wear is not allowed in the pool. No wet suits can be used in the pool.
- For the health and safety of all bathers our team of professionally qualified lifeguards will give advice, please adhere to the advice offered. If you do not follow the instructions you may be asked to leave the pool and no refund will be given
- Sports bags cannot be stored on poolside
- Please note we do not allow customers to borrow items of lost property such as towels, costumes or goggles