- Ethiopia: the Head of International Education and the IB coordinator have just returned from a fact-finding visit to Debre Zeit, Ethiopia, where they met students and teachers in our link school and made arrangements for a return visit with students next October as part of the CAS programme. Recruiting now!
- Italy: a group of students and teachers took part in our trans-european project, visiting Arezzo in November. This project, which looks at attitudes to pepole and places in Europe, enjoyed its first visit to Austria last year and then to Spain in March this year. Its culminating project meeting will be at Impington International Sixth Form at the end of April with a celebratory gala performance on May 2nd.
- India: flights currently being booked for Year 13 students who will celebrate the end of their sixth form studies by 'giving something back'; they will spend a month colunteering in a home for street children in Bangalore.
- Spain: a curriculum-based exchange visit to Zaragoza will take place in the week of January 23rd. Largely language focussed, the exchange also explores Spanish history and culture.
- Rwanda: visit by English A1 teacher Angela Njoroge from Greenhills Academy, Kigali, following training by Impington International Sixth Form Head of International Education.
Progression: the next step
- Careers in Medicine: a four day conference for students at the University of Nottingham 17-20th and 20th- 23rd December
- Exploring Psychology: a two day workshop/conference at the University of Nottingham 31st March-1st April
- Exploring Journalism: a two day workshop/conference at the University of Nottingham 31st March-1st April
- Law taster day: a one day taster at the University of east Anglia 3rd February
- Law workshop/conference: a three day event at the University of Nottingham 31st March-2nd April
- Medisix: a four day workshop/conference the University of Nottingham 1st-4th April
- Physics: a two day workshop/conference at the University of Nottingham 1st-2nd April
- VetMedlink: a four day conference/workshop at the University of Nottingham 2nd-5th April