A Bit About Us
The aim of the Technologies Faculty is to enable every student to develop the skills to achieve their full potential in the various subjects within Technology which in Key Stage 3 include: Resistant Materials, Catering, Graphic Products, Ceramics and Textiles. At Key Stage 4 we offer GCSE Product Design that can be used as a platform into any creative industry or further study. We are currently delivering Catering and Hospitality, but are looking to teach a new GCSE Food and Nutrition course in September 2016.
- Encourage students to gather, store, process and present information through activities in a range of contexts
- Provide students with opportunities to analyse, design, implement and document progress in relation to each discipline
- Encourage students to develop an understanding of the wider applications and effects of designing, manufacturing and information technology
- Encourage students to solve problems through personal exploration and investigation.
- Provide skills that relate not only to examination criteria but to the wider demands in everyday life
- Choose learning experiences that build upon previous work and students' present knowledge and understanding
- Provide specific opportunities for students to take on responsibility for their own learning by encouraging the development of research, practical and investigative skills
- Provide opportunities for students to use information/skills independently and to show awareness of how to implement taught techniques for individual success
- Provide opportunities for students to apply their knowledge, skills and understanding
- Provide opportunities for students to develop their awareness and understanding of Design technology
- Promote the values inherent in the ethos of Impington Village College
The Design Technology/ICT curriculum is taught in rotation and provides students with a range of different experiences that focus on industrial design practice and applied learning. (ICT, Catering, Resistant Materials, Ceramics, Textiles and Graphics).
Home Learning Pledges
Key Stage 3 (Year 7 & 8) - Technologies - Two homework tasks per half term maximum of 1 hour
Key Stage 4 (Years 9, 10 & 11) - Technologies - 1 task per week maximum 90 minutes