Parents Staff and Friends Association
The Impington Village College Parents, Staff and Friends Association (PSFA) is a registered charity which aims to support the work of IVC, in particular, to provide the funds that enables the College to provide students with equipment and experiences that would be unaffordable out of normal school budgets.
The PSFA is run by a voluntary committee which meets six times a year. Our fundraising really makes a positive impact on the learning opportunities for IVC students, we provide them with equipment, books, experiences and activities which would otherwise be unaffordable within the College’s budget.
This academic year, we have raised and granted over £10,000 to support school projects, such as these:
- We have supported Visual Arts students and those less able to pay to go on field trips to develop their appreciation and execution of artistic techniques.
- Our fast-growing Media and Film department have been victims of their own success, and we have helped them purchase vital technical equipment, so the students can get a full ‘hands-on’ learning experience.
- We purchased materials to support an innovative Maths teaching programme, using physical aids to assist learning, for all year groups.
- We supported a pilot for our SEND teachers to introduce C pen readers, which help students with dyslexia and similar learning needs to better understand exam papers
- We granted the PE department funds to purchase 2 new indoor table tennis tables, handball equipment and some kurling stones, both of which are being used to support learning for students of all abilities.
- We supplied new library book for Ethics, Philosophy & Society, so students may utilise wider reference sources.
- We supplied library books for SEND students.
- We supported the purchase of a set of Raspberry Pi’s, so our students can learn hands-on physical computing in the curriculum and at extra-curricular activities.
- We purchased water baths for Science, so the students do not have to heat water manually with bunsen burners.
We need more people to get involved and raise money. Could you...
- Giving a few hours of your time to help run an event?
- Giving a bit more time to help organise an event?
- Giving a couple of evenings a term by joining the organising committee?
Keep in touch
We send out details of forthcoming events by email to everyone on the PSFA database. To be kept informed, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address, and we will put you on the list.
We run a variety of fundraising events and activities:
The 200 Club offers the opportunity to support the College and be in with a chance of winning a cash prize! For just £3 a month, up to 200 people subscribe to be in a monthly draw. Half the proceeds from subscription fees go to support the College, while the other half is distributed in cash prizes: when the club is fully subscribed to there are monthly prizes of £100, £50 and £25 with a bumper Christmas draw of £500, £250, £150, £100 and £50.
We currently have vacancies for new members
We urge as many people as possible to join up and have some fun seeing if they can win some money, as well as feeling satisfied in the knowledge that their contribution is making a positive difference for the College. You can pay annually by cheque or by standing order. Below is a form for those of you who wish to join us.
When fully subscribed, the Club generates a gross ‘profit' of £4,225. All of this is excellent income for the PSFA which does so much to support the work of the College by purchasing resources that make a real difference to the children.
200 Club Latest Draws
The 200 Club draws take place at the bi-monthly PSFA Committee meeting. These draws were awarded proportionately as follows. The winners will be contacted directly.
|May Draw||June Draw||July Draw|
|1 - No 38||£30.50||1 - No 9||£30.00||1 - No 65||£28.50|
|2 - No 22||£15.25||2 - No 47||£15.00||2 - No 64||£14.25|
|3 - No 42||£7.63||3 - No 35||£7.50||3 - No 41||£7.13|
As more join the Club, the prizes will increase to the intended maximum of a first prize of £100 per month. Do contact the PSFA to join the opportunity to raise funds for the College and to win some money in return.
Whenever you buy something online, you can support the College by linking to your retailer through the EasyFundraising website. Many, many retailers take part in this scheme, contributing a donation valued at a small percentage of the cost of your purchase to the PSFA. Just go to the website to get to the IVC page, and you can make a difference to IVC without it costing you a penny!
Event bars and front of house
The PSFA is the official promoter of College performing arts events. When the College holds an arts event, the PSFA is there to provide pre-show and interval drinks, as well as doing the ticketing and front of house. These events are the ‘bread and butter’ of our fundraising work, without which we could not support teachers delivering great opportunities to our children. Please consider signing up to help out at events.
The Annual Fireworks Extravaganza
The PSFA is a partner in running the annual fireworks event which has been a popular feature in the village calendar for many years. Held jointly with the Histon and Impington Infant and Junior Schools it takes place on a Saturday night close to November 5th. This features spectacular fireworks display, and a hog roast/barbecue, and other stalls and activities.
Re-sale of Uniform in aid of IVC funds
Every year we collect many second-hand items of lost property which are never claimed by their owners. The PSFA then sell the unclaimed or donated second-hand uniform at parents evenings and events, and the money raised goes to support the College.
If you have any unwanted IVC sweatshirts, polo shirts or PE kit that you would like to donate for re-sale, please send this to the House Hub (G6) in college with your son/daughter. Similarly any un-named lost property which has not been claimed at the end of each term will be washed and offered for re-sale.
IVC Uniform Pricelist
The following are items which are compulsory as part of the College Uniform Policy and shows the cost of new items (ordered via Orchard Clothing), and second-hand / re-sale clothing.
|Item||*New||‘New Style Uniform’||‘Old Style Uniform’**|
|Blue Yr 7-10
Green/Burgundy Yr 11
|Pale Blue – Uniform
Green - PE
|Reversible Rugby Shirt|
|PE zip-up jacket|
|Waterproof PE jacket|
*New items available via Orchard Clothing – www.orchardclothing.co.uk
** Sold with appropriate iron on coloured house strip