'Gifted and talented' describes children and young people with one or more abilities developed to a level significantly ahead of the year group.
'Gifted' learners are those who have abilities in one or more academic subjects such as Maths and English.
'Talented' learners are those who have particular abilities in sport, music, design or creative and performing arts.
Gifted and/or talented children may display some of the following characteristics:
· is intently focused
· asks insightful questions
· sees beyond the obvious
· provides creative and original solutions
· has a great intellectual curiosity
· learns easily and readily
· possesses unusual imagination
This list is not extensive nor does it mean a child is necessarily gifted if he/she displays some/all of these qualities.