Page 1 of 9
The aim of the DCT Faculty is to enable every pupil to develop the skills to achieve his/her full potential in Visual Arts, Design and technology and ICT regardless of external factors such as gender and ability.
- Encourage students to gather, store, process and present information through activities in a range of contexts.
- Provide students with opportunities to analyse, design, implement and document progress in relation to each discipline.
- Encourage students to develop an understanding of the wider applications and effects of Art, design and information technology.
- Encourage students to solve problems through personal exploration and investigation
- Provide skills that relate not only to examination criteria but to the wider demands in everyday life.
- Choose learning experiences that build upon previous work and students' present knowledge and understanding.
- Provide specific opportunities for students to take on responsibility for their own learning by encouraging the development of research, practical and investigative skills.
- Provide opportunities for students to use information/skills independently and to show awareness of how to implement taught techniques for individual success.
- Provide opportunities for students to apply their knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Ø Provide opportunities for students to develop their awareness and understanding of Art, Design technology and ICT.
- Ø Promote the values inherent in the ethos of Impington Village College
- Next >>